- HOWTO Replace Something with Newline in Emacs (by Jeremy Zawodny) – Can't believe I've never figured out how to do this until now.
tags: emacs programming tips
- The White House v Fox News (comic) –
tags: politics humor comics system:filetype:jpg system:media:image
- Creepiest Halloween Costume Ever –
- Schneier on Security: Zero-Tolerance Policies – "So that's the choice. Either we want the rules enforced fairly across the board, which means limiting the discretion of the enforcers at the scene at the time, or we want a more nuanced response to whatever the situation is, which means we give those involved in the situation more discretion."
tags: security law culture
- GNU Screen and Byobu Made Easy – Nice overview of the features that byobu adds to screen – comes standard in Ubuntu Karmic
tags: linux screen ubuntu howto
- Survival Plots in R (R Textbook Examples) –
tags: R programming survival bioinformatics
- WWJI (Who Would Jesus Insure?) –
tags: humor image health religion system:filetype:jpg system:media:image
- NFL should think twice on Rush Limbaugh – "Though I think it is his right to take a shot at becoming part of a new Rams ownership group, Limbaugh's American Dream is a potential nightmare waiting to happen for the Rams, the city and the National Football League."
tags: sports politics
- Our screwed-up malpractice system. Whose fault is that? Let’s try ‘nobody’ – Interesting take on malpractice that I hadn't heard before. I'm not sure yet if I agree or not (need more data), but it's certainly something to think about.
tags: medicine law insurance politics government health
- Amazing Picture of Pujols – Look at the the ball being compressed as it hits the bat. Awesome photography.
tags: baseball photography sports
- defective yeti – Ask Your Doctor if Satiation is Right For You – Scientists have invented a pill that that allows you to live without eating, drinking, or excreting. Unfortunately it also eliminates your desire to eat, it ensures that you take no pleasure when doing so. Question: Would you take the pill? (Hell yes, I would)
tags: scifi hypothetical interesting
- YouTube – Origin of Stupidity – Kirk Cameron is at it again. Thank FSM that 16 year olds with webcams are smart enough to call him on this bullshit.
tags: science religion atheism evolution