These answers may or may not make sense, and they may or may not reflect my overall feelings on the topic. It's jsut what came to mind as I sat here at this moment. (pretty much like everything in this blog)
1. How many times have you truly been in love?
Love in terms of a relationship - Three. Love of a fellow human being - Many.
2. What was/is so great about the person you love(d) the most? I really can't qualify who I loved the most - love, like any other emotion, wanes and waxes with the passing of time. In my last major relationship, though, I loved the fact that I always felt comfortable around them. I could be myself, say anything, be crazy. We shared a quirky sense of humor and laughed together a lot. Those qualities have pretty much been present in everyone I've seriously dated, though. Without them, why bother?
3. What qualities should a significant other have? You've gotta share a sense of humor - life's fucked up and you've just gotta laugh at it sometimes. Enjoy the little things in life - walking, talking, sharing laughs, food fights, etc. Put up with my occasional bitching and understand that it's not a side of me that I like to reveal to many people. Still, sometimes i gotta vent. Give me my space. I'm not a clingy person. Understand that there are lots of little things that I forget (like birthdays) but that if you ever really need me, I'll drop everything to be there for you. Be direct. I don't pick up on subtle hints well. And perhaps most importantly, be honest.
4. Have you ever broken someone's heart? Well, I don't like to think of it in those terms, but yeah, i guess. At least once. Breaking up is never fun...
5. If there was one thing you could teach people about love, what would it be? Love isn't an abstract, all-encompassing emotion. The word is too broadly applied in our language sometimes. Love, as it's typically used, is a combination of caring, friendship, lust, and excitement. It's not some mystical, out-of-reach phenomenon. A typical loving relationship is just a great friendship, where you happen to enjoy physical togetherness as well.